Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holiday Fun in Team Bond

Last week I thought it would be awesome to hang around in Team Bond on the beautiful wreaths they have made out of plastic baggies, but in the afternoon I took a fall to the ground.  Check out the tweet I found from Mrs. Bond


Luckily a little boy picked me up with a piece of paper, in order to preserve my magic.  I wasn't strong enough to move anywhere else in the room the next day, so I stayed in the back of the room.

They were working on the computer doing math problems on Edmodo Snapshot.  I am impressed with the kiddos in this classroom.  I have seen some of them coding, and a lot of them love playing on a site called Prodigy.

On Monday I was very touched, as 2 boys left me presents...a bow and an elf sticker!  I liked them so much, I decided to take them with me to my new location.  I decided to tuck myself inside a pocket near the classroom makerspace.  This is a very cool section of Mrs. Bond's room, as it has a lot of neat things that kids can build with.  It also has a very large box that the kids like to sit in and read. Sometimes they get in arguments over who can sit in the box, so that isn't so nice, but I think that it is cool that Mrs. Bond has a big box like that in her room.  Monday was pretty interesting too, as there were 8 new kids in the classroom, as their teacher was sick, and there weren't enough subs. Their class had to divide into 3 groups, and Team Bond got 8 of the kids.  It made it a more interesting day, I'm sure.  I liked watching them do explorations with mirrors and light.  That was super cool to watch!  They also learned a lot about how Christmas is celebrated around the world!

Well...school gets out on Thursday, so I will be sticking around for a bit more!  I'm looking forward to observing their holiday party! 

Etavonni the Learning Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment